About the Team
Future’s editorial department is a highly innovative and fast-moving part of our business that is staffed by a combination of digital development specialists, highly skilled online journalists and business experts. Together they are developing new approaches to content creation and presentation that help audiences to discover the right products for their needs and buy them at the best prices – all this is underpinned by best-in-class, independent journalism, written by passionate experts.
The duties for this position will be wide-ranging and will involve you in many aspects of the site’s production and operation, as well as the traffic growth and editorial qualities. You will report to and work closely with the Editor-in-Chief, and the team in North America.
Importantly, you will be a vital member of the editorial team, maximising your passion and strength in writing engaging news, reports and features.
This role is based remotely in USA – North America.
You will ensure that the production of news pages, interviews and race coverage is carried out in a timely fashion.
You will need to liaise with the editorial team on a frequent basis to formulate strategy and planning of coverage for North American cycling coverage.
- Writing and co-ordinating of news
- Attending regular planning meetings
- Production of UCI and national level race results, plus reports and photography; as well as any national-level road racing remains paramount
- Attending cycling events as a Cyclingnews reporter and on-site producer, however, this will require planning ahead in the monthly work roster to ensure that daily production deadlines are met
- Working closely with Cyclingnews’ Editor-in-Chief and the rest of the North American team on a regular basis
- On-site and live race coverage when requested
- Regular weekend work at races and on production
What do I need to succeed?
- Strong editorial and writing skills
- Experience in cycling media
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent subbing skills and experience
- Knowledge and workings around SEO and Google Analytics
- Excellent time-management skills
- A second language
- Knowledge in women’s cycling
- Bike tech knowledge in a writing capacity
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Future.
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Free food (monthly munchies, bagel Fridays, fresh fruit & snacks and coffee and tea on tap)
- Free digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Discounted gym membership and onsite health & wellbeing (yoga at lunch anyone?!)
- Annual Future conference – get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what’s next
- Regular staff socials arranged by our wonderful Employee Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
- Give something back- Future will match your personal charity fundraising efforts up to $400
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We have big ambitions to transform media and change people’s lives. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join!
Future is the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors across technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, hobbies, knowledge and home interest.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. Our global reach is phenomenal with over 250 million consumers across 180 + world-leading brands. It’s an incredible privilege to have such a passionate audience base across our websites, magazines, social media and events.
Every kind of talent is celebrated here. We hire for person not for the role, looking for people who share our ambitions to be bold and innovate, making Future a global success story.
Let’s do this!
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and a covering letter explaining why this is your dream job!
Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=fs772 →